May 24, 2005

Tepin Chile Planted

I decided to plant my Tepin Chile into the raised bed this morning. It has not been faring well in its pot due to the heatwave we've been going through the last couple of days and I didn't want to risk losing it again. It is very small and is at risk to the cutworms, but since I only paid 50 cents for the plant, if I lose it I am not out much. Once the chile was planted, I did some general weeding in the bed. Those vines are starting to sprout here and there and I want to make sure that they don't get another foothold in my garden. I was afraid that this might happen since they had overrun my pepper beds last winter. Those roots are hard to get rid of. Already, more of the invasive plants are poking through the fence toward my fragile peppers.

For watering the pepper bed, I used the soaker hose system. I am still not happy with the distribution of the water around my plants, but I will attempt to work on that this week since I have more free time. I want to get a four way valve on the faucet too. Then I will dedicate one faucet for the pepper bed, one for my dog's self-filling water bowl and another for my handwatering hose that covers my backyard.

No comments: