April 26, 2005

Soaker Hoses

I had tried to set up my new soaker hose watering system last week, but discovered that I needed a female to female connection to complete the loop. Fortunately, I had a kindly elderly man in an orange apron not only explain what I needed to finish my hose system, but he even went to the other side of the store to get the part for me! Now that is service.

This afternoon, I put all the hoses together and turned on the faucet. Water sprayed everywhere! However, I put some elbow grease into the connections and managed to get most of the spraying under control. Libby and I ended up with an unexpected bath is all. I did notice that the hose is brushing against the small pepper plants in places, but I think that if I purchase some guides, that should solve the problem.

Meanwhile, my hunt for pepper plants continues. I placed an order with The Chile Woman a few days ago. This will fill the seven spaces I had left for hot chiles. As I was surfing the Fullerton Arboretum website, I came upon their potting shed plant sale list. There, many of the chiles I have been wanting were offered. I'm glad that I did the mail order since I've heard great things about the chile woman, but I think that I'll go to Fullerton this weekend and see if I can find a Blushing Beauty Bell. It is probably my favorite pepper and I will be disappointed if I end up without having one in my garden this year. It was listed as one of the plants they carry, but I will have to see if they have any in stock.

No comments: